Sunday, May 15, 2005

Update...

And now for a spot of news. "spot" I say - not likely.

Well, work at the moment has been a little slow. Starting a new big job at a firm in town on Tuesday, ongoing full-time position, waiting until they find someone permanent to fill the possie. In the meantime, I'll be there doing nothing but 9 to 5 and loving it! Have been hanging to get back to do some work. Have felt a little like a couch potato, not that I've been lounging on the couch... Bank balance is beginning to look a little scary too, but hey, what do you expect when you keep living and not working??

Music has been a little slow to evolve. Have worked on a couple of new pieces, none of the originals yet though. They require a little more fine-tuning before I will be remotely happy. Sometimes I get the feeling that I'd be better off just screwing them up and forgetting about them... Who knows, maybe I will yet. And I feel as though I have been kind of putting it off, but I know I shouldn't. I need something fresh...

And yes, the overseas plans are still current. Estimated date of departure is 2005. Ha! Kidding... The plan is sometime late August - early September. I haven't booked anything yet, though - I was wanting to have some kind of semi-regular income before I started throwing money 'round and committing myself to more than I could possibly handle. Hence another incentive to be working...

The current itinerary:

Fly out Melbourne - Amsterdam
3 days Amsterdam
3 days Berlin
3 days Prague
3 days Vienna
3 days Salzburg
Munich I'll be playing by ear - either o/night or 3 days, depends on how much I love it, if at all
3 days Venice
3 days Nice (possibly more - would love to do the south of France)
3 days Lauterbrunnen, and possibly kind of detouring to Geneva to catch up with a friend
back to Lauterbrunnen or Bern, then through to Paris for 3 to 5 days

So there you have it. Just went to have a look for my sketchy itinerary and couldn't find it. I think I have some length of time wrong. I think I'm spending 5 days in Prague... Oh, I forgot Cesky Krumlov! I'm spending a few days there, too. Plus, I might spend some more time somewhere in the middle of the trip just to avoid the whole monotonous movement, relax a little, breathe the air, meet the people, abuse the tourists. :P

And now to yesterday - had a photo shoot. :P brother and sister-in-law gave me a voucher for Christmas 2004 and i used it yesterday. very amusing. felt like a model. and whoa, the photos! :P very funny. :P i thought they were hilarious, some of the expressions weren't very me at all, but then some of them were so me!! anyway, the mother, sister-in-law and a mate came along for the ride and laughed along with me. i should get the photos in about 3-4 weeks, so hopefully i'll be able to scan some in or something and put them up. no digitals, sorry!!

leaving now. speak soon.

No comments: