Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Specific "general" knowledge

After work I went to a trivia evening that the social committee had organised at my work. It was a lot of fun! I've only been to one other trivia evening before, and to tell the truth, being the kind of person who is not great (okay, struggles *a lot*) at playing games like trivial pursuit, I've never really been that keen. But I've found that through a team effort, such as a trivia night, it is most enjoyable, and I can usually contribute on a fair amount of the questions. However, tonight I discovered that my european history, geography, american presidents, modern literature and sports knowledge is severely lacking. which, other than the music section, makes me wonder what it is that I really know?? Hmmm... How does one increase "general" knowledge? Obviously i have not inherited my father's knack for remembering lots of silly little things about nothing (except for numbers).

Oh, and last night, just as a matter of interest, I popped into a chat room for a bit. Oh my. Was it an "experience"!! Trying to handle about 5 conversations at once, and 4 of those 5 are guys who message you and want to take you out on a date within five lines can be a bit intersting... Oddly enough, there was an interesting chap who I ended up chatting to for a bit. But don't worry, I'm not one to hand out all my personal details to someone I've just met. A photo is as close as they will get, unless of course they google starantula. I wonder if I appear? Just googled, out of interest. Lots of foreign language sites for "star antula", and apparently there is a band called starantula? Oh, and if you do "star_antula", you can see a comment I posted on the Third Day site! :) I'm famous...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mwoa, ha, ha!! That's my evil laugh in preparation for my fundraising trivia night - which I expect you to be at!! :D

If you google 'perseverant pincushion' [and really, why would you?] you get my blog top of the list! I'm not sure if I'm proud of that or not ...

- Miss Pincushion

Smee said...

Well now that I am *so* experienced at trivia nights, I may be in a position to give you some pointers. :P