Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Surely it can only improve??

This morning I woke up with a start - my CD player was on, which meant my alarm had gone off, and I looked at my clock and it said 6.35am. I had slept in.

Or not. On second glance it was actually 5.35am, which was frustrating (that I'd woken with a start), but also a huge relief (that I *hadn't* slept in). Cruised out of the house at about 7.20am (don't ask me why it took me nearly two hours to get ready, because I have no idea what happened... especially since I didn't wash my hair!!!), and proceeded to the train station. Now, I would normally get a train at about 8.20, but I was aiming for a *special* express train (you know the ones that only stop about twice before they hit the loop?), but alas, it was about 10 mins late. So, with a crazy day of work ahead of me, so far I have woken up at 5.35am and then had my train late by 10 mins. Whilst journeying into the city on our train, we stop at a particular train station for ... get this ... 25 mins!!! Apparently someone had passed out on our train (poor soul!), but then Connex, the great wealth of wisdom and aid to society that they are, decided to make our train run direct to Flinders St. Now, considering I get off at Flagstaff which is as easy to get to as it is to saw off your arm, I was obviously not impressed with this travel option. So... I went to Flinders St, ran to Elizabeth St to get a tram to La Trobe St, then had to kind of *storm* 2 1/2 blocks to work... By this time, it was 9.05am. Now, had everything originally gone to plan, I should have been at work at about... 8.23am. Normally I would get to work at 8.45, so I hope you understand my lack of appreciation for Connex when I get 4 trains earlier than I would, and I manage to get to work *later* than I normally would?! Go figure, some people from work were on the train behind me and got to work before me...

Hurrah for Connex. Hurrah.

And now it is 9pm and I am going to bed to try not to do it all over again...

No comments: