Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The hills are alive...

...with the sound of Smeee... :D Yes folks, I am in Salzburg!! And yes, I did the Sound of Music (SOM) tour. Julie Andrews, eat your heart out. :D Now, I'm a SOM fan along with the best of them, but to tell the truth I did wonder about my decision to do the tour. I'd already paid the money though, so I figured there was no point in *not* going. So, tour I did. To the soundtrack of the SOM. That's right folks. The bus was alive...with the sound of the chick across from me proudly singing (quite loudly I might add) to prove that she knew all the words. I knew all the words, too, but realised how downright*weird* it was to be proud of the fact. I will admit, I hummed a little, and yes, I even sang (to myself) the chorus of a classic or two (or in fact the whole song, as is the case for the 'Lonely Goatherd').

Now, despite the fact this was the SOM tour, I have to admit that I enjoyed the scenery that the drive offered a lot more than the actual SOM relics we were on our way to visit... For example, the pergola that Rolfe and Leisel pranced around in (who cares?), the fact that the front and the rear of the house in the film are in fact two different houses? Mere trivia. But the Alps - did anyone see those Alps? While everyone else was snapping the lake the kids fell into (yes, I did get a photo or two, too), I was facing the opposite direction looking at the mountains. :D I'm a sucker for the scenery.

Oh, another tour I did - the glacier tour! Wow! Talk about amazing! And freezing... On go my two jumpers!! Now, I've been to the snow, but I have *never* seen it snow before - that is, until now!!! :D It was *snowing*!! I have video footage, too. :D Oh, and then an AVALANCHE!! :D Talk about amazing... we all thought there was a storm or something and then realised it was a massive wall of snow rolling down the mountain no more than 30 metres away! I came back with a whole lot of blurry photos (not enough light), wet pants (snow) and a new headband. :D What's a tour if you don't buy some trinket?

No comments: