Thursday, June 29, 2006

Grounded

Just an update on the itinerary and what's going on. I arrived in Lauterbrunnen (Switzerland) last night - on schedule. However, I woke up this morning with a nasty middle ear infection. Mum: don't ask me how much the doctor cost. Let's just say I'm glad I've got travel insurance! So, middle ear infection in Switzerland means:

1. No skydiving. yep, was seriously gonna do it - I was all but booked in.

2. No going to the "top of Europe" which of course is the whole reason for being here... can you believe it?! So I'm stuck at the campsite all day today and tomorrow.

Consolation: I might be able to make it to some waterfalls very nearby - hopefully they`re not up some massive hill.

To the point: Switzerland is absolutely gorgeous. The view where I'm staying is absolutely stunning, surrounded by beautiful Alps and waterfalls. Oh, and to top it off I've met up with some girls I was travelling with earlier - de ja vu!

No comments: