Thursday, June 23, 2005

The shame of it all...

It's been a *week* since I blogged, and I *still* haven't told you how my new job is going? Well, it's going okay. Not quite as busy as my last job, and to tell the truth, a lot less interaction with my solicitors, which is unfortunate - because everyone knows that it's the people that make the job...

I mean, don't get me wrong, the job is great. I have work to do, and it's not *frantic* (which it apparently has the potential to be - like, 23-hour days frantic...), and it relies a lot on me to keep myself busy. Which I am managing to do. But there's not really any variety. Hmmm... Thankfully, it's not a permanent role. I think I miss having a large client base and interacting with my bosses more... Maybe I should tell you - I work for two senior associates, a solicitor and an article clerk. Oddly enough, they've all been taking holidays. The solicitor has been away all this week, and she'll be back on Tuesday. One of the SAs will be away from today (inclusive), returning to the office on Tuesday, and the other SA will be away for two weeks from Monday. Nice. So that has been my introduction!

A nice note to add though, is that I have been able to run into Mon a couple of times, which is lovely. We also have some friends down from Brisbane this week who brought along their little bubba (who I hadn't seen!), so it was lovely for all of us to catch up over lunch. And he's adorable!! Little Alexander - March 7 he was born - 3 days before my little Katelyn! It was obviously a very exciting time for me... :D

Must go. Woke up at 4am Tuesday morning and am still trying to recover.

Oh, and dad flew out to the Philippines today, so it's just the gals at home. :D Lovely. Brought home pizza for mum for dinner. She's a self-professed addict. :D

Have another dentist appointment tomorrow night. Lovely. Looking forward to it. Actually, I think I would be more excited about poking myself in the eye with a fork...

No comments: