Thursday, June 09, 2005

A great accomplishment in the life of Smee!

I am happy to say that I have finally reached the point that interviews don't bother me. If I say so myself, my interview this morning went over with a bang! I was calm, cool, enthusiastic, engaging, outgoing, intelligent, and even witty!! Ha! :D I should date me... :D To make a long story short, I was faced with two women both aged approx early-mid 30s, who pummeled me with a whole stack of questions about my personality, skills, and a few "scenario" work practice doozies thrown in... They wrote a lot - I'm not sure whether that's good or bad - but I did quite well in answering each question and showing that I have more than enough experience to do the job competently. In short, I got a call from the dude at the agency handling my case and he told me that they were impressed and wanted me for the job! So there you have it. My current job finishes up tomorrow (I baked a cake for my own going away - very sad, I know!), I have Monday off, and am cruising off to a new job on Tuesday.

And enough of that - I think the cake's cooled enough for me to put it in a container, so now I'm going to bed!

PS. The cake is carrot, and I decided to make a special effort with some slightly lemon-tangy cream cheese icing! Woo! My dad had a taste and said he'd rather have more icing, less cake... :D

No comments: