Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Humble Pie

Well after kind of "gloating" a couple of weeks ago about how good my netball team is, we were completely *slaughtered* last night. :-( 36 to 10!! How depressing. What made it most depressing was that for a quarter I was in goals - and I am *dreadful*! I discovered that I can't shoot at all (granted, I have never practiced because I never figured I'd play in goals), and that I should practice running a bit more. The game was serious hardcore - I played centre for the first half, then I was hammered so I went into goals, then went back into centre. I can't remember the last time I played that hard... But yeah - having not ridden to work last week has made a big difference to some fitness levels. I should probably get in some more low-key riding on the weekends...

No comments: