Saturday, August 05, 2006

An example of my brain not working

Today I had to go to work. I know, it's Saturday. I did, however, get there at an "okay" time (obviously, not ideal, but moderately reasonable) and was able to spend a good few hours there. However... this is the point at which my brain switched off. Instead of parking my car in a parking lot and paying, I dunno, somewhere between $7 and $9, no, I decided to park in the street - in a 1hr parking zone. Hmmm . . . Now, when you use a meter, you don't get a receipt. Which means I won't get reimbursed, and I had to go out every hour to feed the ravenous machine (it was about $3.50 each time!!), and then to top it all off I got a parking ticket.

Ideal situation: Spending $7-9 and being reimbursed, i.e. I shell out nothing!
Actual: Spent about $13, then got a $50 fine.

You do the math. Obviously, I'm not impressed.

No comments: