Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Prague

Wow - what a city!! Talk about beautiful! All the buildings are gothic and multi-coloured - and the cobblestone streets! :D Checked out Charles Bridge today - the view is great, the river is high (almost to flooding level) and there are stacks of art vendors with their little wagons set up all along the bridge. Up the hill we went to go to the castle and do a tour - got my photo taken with one of the guards in classic "Buckingham Palace" style. But, I think the most amusing thing has been the currency. Don't get me wrong, everything is *really* cheap, it's just trying to figure out how much things cost in AU$ . . . I was great at maths when I was at school, but there was no way I learnt my 17 times tables . . . Pity, though - would've come in handy!

No comments: