Thursday, May 18, 2006

I have arriv-ed!

I'm here . . . in Paris!

Am sitting in an internet cafe right now 'cos they've blocked off two of the platforms at the train station - yep, one of them was mine. Something happened, not sure what, but loads of scary looking guys, variously uniformed, all running 'round with guns ranging from the size of holstered pistols to massive machine-gun-type things. weird. So, yeah, just biding a little time until the platform opens again so i can go *one* stop, then change lines again and get to the hotel and settle in.

Flight over was a little eventful, but definitely an education. First leg was pretty bad - 9.5 hours - had an aisle seat which i prefer, but leg space was limited and I realised (too late) that I didn't walk enough. The second leg was 12.5 hours, but *much* better. I spent the entire 2-hour layover in Hong Kong just walking 'round to get the circulation going again! Thankfully I managed to sleep about 9 hours on the flight, but had an idiot sitting next to me who wouldn't turn his mobile phone off so the air-hostess would come and say something to him about it every hour or so. Of course, by this time, I've been awake for 19 hours with only 6 hours sleep backing me up... I didn't take it too well!! Eventually he did turn it off, but only after the air-hostess was leaning over me in the wee-hours of the morning (Paris time) and woke me up with a massive jump 'cos I thought she was talking to me! Tosser!

No comments: