Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

That's right, Nanna Smee has been a little rebellious. :D This week I would say that the earliest I have been to bed yet is 11.30pm... Sadly, this morning it all caught up with me. And then I had a coffee. So now I'm wide awake. *sigh* It's a vicious cycle. :D

Work is going well. Although, one of my buddies who I sit next to decided to resign this week, so she's off in 3 weeks. To tell the truth, I kind of asked her during my first or second week why she was still here... This was her first job, she's been here for 7 1/2 years, and I could tell she'd just got to the point where she felt like she couldn't learn anything more, the hours were starting to wear, and she needed something fresh - a new challenge. Funnily enough, she had found the new job and was in the process of negotiating a contract!! :D Very funny stuff. Must admit I'll be sad to see her go (especially since it means more work for me!), but I am *so* happy for her. Sounds like her new job is going to be a *smash*, with normal business hours (which I like to tease her about and say she's only working part-time), and all the excitement of something new.

To continue on that thought, this morning I had a hand-over meeting for one of her clients. *sigh* It's gonna be huge! So now I not only work for all of my ... 4 solicitors and articled clerk, but now I'm also responsible for the billing for a major client. Like, MAJOR. If I said who it was, *everyone* would have heard of them... We're talking hundreds of thousands of dollars per bill, and on average we send out about bills for about 20 different matters each month... Comprehending my exasperation?! So the meeting was all about the client wanting to change their bill structure, and exactly what my role would entail, which nobody really knows, since the client wants to change everything, and I'll be taking a week off for my wisdom teeth, so I'll have to come back and try to do everything in a day. :D I do love a challenge, but this could be a little interesting...

Anyway, other than the odd stressful moment, I do feel appreciated and as though I have something valuable to offer.

Nanna Suz signing off to go and write some music out before *not* going to bed at an appropriate time. :D

Oh, have also made the *wonderful* decision to go see Michael Buble (or "The Bub" (phonetic: boob) as I like to call him) when he's out... I think it's the 21st or 22nd September? :D Very exciting. Listening to one of his CDs right now - and would you believe, Nomes is going to go with me, too! So I won't be looking all silly standing there on my own - I'll be standing next to Nomes! Lovely.

Geordie's whining. I think he's hungry. I've been putting it off, though, 'cos it's about 4 degs outside!! What is that?! Today's top was 10 degs! When I was standing on the train platform this morning I thought my fingers were going to snap off!! :D Would've made playing the guitar a little interesting...

And now my elbow is getting nudged (yes, by Geordie) :D, so I'd better go.

No comments: