Saturday, August 20, 2005

The Boob

It's alright folks - this is a G-rated blog, especially for the kiddies - I am not discussing anatomy here. I am, however, referring to none other than Mr Michael Buble. After confirming with Nomes that she was indeed free on the evening of September 21st to cruise into town to throw her nickers at the crooning Boob, I called the ticket crowd (NB no free plug here) in hopes of securing two measly tickets. The conversation was (approximately) as follows:

Girl: blah blah blah
S: I would like to purchase some tickets for Michael Buble
Girl: Which date were you looking for?
S: Wed September 21st
... ... ... pause ... ... ...
Girl: And how would you like to be paying for that?
S: Mastercard
... ... ... pause ... ... ...
Girl: The 21st is actually sold out. Would you like to choose another date?
S: How about Tuesday 20th?
... ... ... pause ... ... ...
Girl: That's actually sold out as well.
... ... ... pause ... ... ...
Girl: They're all sold out. Odd. His concerts have not been listed as sold out, but there are no more tickets available.
S: Exactly what does that mean, then?
Girl: They may release more tickets closer to the concert date. Otherwise, the concerts will be listed as sold out and that's it.
S: So how do I go about finding out if the concerts are listed as sold out, or if extra tickets have been released?
Girl: You'll have to call and find out.

And there you have it. I kind of graciously ended the call, hung up and proceeded to vent my frustrations to some workmates that the ticket crowd were basically saying that I should call back about every 2 days to see if any new tickets had been released?! I mean, what person in their right mind only books an international performer for 3 nights in a limited seating venue, and also books them for midweek concerts?! Crrezzy...

Anyway, maybe I'm being a little melodramatic about it all, but I was quite keen to be seeing the Boob. I've even been listening to his CDs to get ready, so I don't look a little foolish just standing there and grinning like an idiot.

No comments: